Suncor Power’s refining and advertising and marketing operations present a vital hyperlink between our large Canadian resource base and the rising North American power market. We process oil sands crude into the high-high quality refined merchandise that customers demand.
Suncor operates refineries in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, Canada, and in Colorado, USA.
– Edmonton, Alta.: 142,000-barrel-per-day refinery runs entirely on oil sands-based feedstocks and produces a excessive yield of light oils
– Montreal, Que.: 137,000-barrel-per-day refinery produces gasoline, distillates, asphalts, heavy fuel oil, petrochemicals, solvents and feedstock for lubricants. A close by sulphur processing plant ensures environmental compliance
– Commerce Metropolis, Colo.: 98,000-barrel-per-day refinery produces gasoline, diesel fuel and paving-grade asphalt
– Sarnia, Ont.: 85,000-barrel-per-day refinery produces gasoline, kerosene, jet and diesel fuels
We have accomplished major improvements to our refineries, vastly growing the quantity of oil sands crude that may be refined, while bettering environmental performance.
– The Edmonton refinery has been optimized for processing oil sands crude feedstocks.
– On the Sarnia refinery, a $1 billion funding in new gear has enabled the production of decrease sulphur diesel gasoline and improved operational effectivity.
– On the Commerce City refinery, a $540 million (US $445 million) upgrade has enabled the refinery to satisfy clear fuels regulations and handle a wider range of oil sands merchandise.