HPCL’s Mumbai refinery, one of many complicated refineries within the nation, is constructed on an space of 321 acres. This versatile refinery which is the primary of India’s fashionable refineries, symbolizes the country’s industrial strength and progress throughout the oil business. Mumbai Refinery has grown over the years as the primary hub of petroleum merchandise. The refinery has reached to current stage via a number of upgradation and restructuring processes. A chronological summary of the developments is offered below:
– M/s Esso commissioned in 1954 with a crude processing capability of 1.25 MMTPA
– Lube refinery, Lube India Ltd, was commissioned in 1969 with a capability of 165 TMTPA of Lube Oil Base Inventory (LOBS) production
– Crude processing capacity increased to 3.5 MMTPA throughout 1969
– Government of India took over Esso and Lube India and formed HPCL in 1974
– Enlargement of fuels block was carried out by set up of new 2 MMTPA crude items in 1985
– Second expansion of Lube Refinery befell to increase the capability of the refinery to 335 MMTPA, so far the most heat exchanger mass production important in India.
– The current put in capability of the refinery is 6.5 MMTPA
The Visakh Refinery can be an vital contributor to HPCL’s Petroleum merchandise necessities Visakha Refinery was commissioned with an put in capacity of zero.Sixty five Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) by Caltex Oil Refining (India) Ltd. in 1957. This was thought-about one of the first major industries of Visakhapatnam and first oil refinery on the East Coast.
In case you loved this article and you would love to receive details relating to Marathon i implore you to visit the web-page.